Thursday, September 17, 2015

[Electric Boats] Charger Replacement Recommendations?

 

I have an Ericson 30+ with a Thoosa 9K motor.  My only charging is done with shore power.  My charger, a QuadPro has died. Well, half-died It's 4 12V chargers in a package, and 2 out of 4 are dead.  

What do people here like for replacement?  Another QuadPro?  Something that instead would charge the whole 48 bank instead of charging each 12V battery separately?  (Battery is made up of four 4D 12v 198 Amp Hour AGMs.)  

I would like to maximize options like adding solar or running off a portable generator like Bianka does.  Does that impact my charger options? 

Any thoughts on Iota?  Or Noco GeniusDSR Industries?  DualPro Eagle?  Others I have not thought of? 

The general topic of charging the whole 48V bank versus each battery?  If you do that do you use a separate 4 bank charger for equalization?   

--Ernie Galvan

S/V Zenergy


__._,_.___

Posted by: ernestgalvan@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment