Thursday, August 6, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Project [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from Bill and Ai Qiu hopen billhopen@yahoo.com [electricboats] included below]

I'm bolting a section of railroad rail , flat side up, under my cat27 where 2700 pound lead keel was removed.   After I sold off the lead keel, the beautiful FG hull cost me less than nothing....sold keel to metal recycler 10 miles from marina, for much more than I paid for boat.  drove home with free boat and cash in pocket, got no guilt buying lead batteries because I recycled the needed lead.   sealed lead batteries laid in low below water line help ballast too.   I cruise inland lakes and with no sail or mast, this greatly reduces need for that much ballast, making the boat trailerable and boatrampable...is that a word?...it is now I guess

as far as tillers...check out this photo link on my RK21...replaced missing rudder with my  constructed power tiller that drops it rudder gussets, powered by over-volted floor sweeper motor.   1600 watts gets me to hullspeed on two wheel chair batteries for 6 miles, ( I bring 4, for insurance I can make the round trip back)
 
                     Bill Hopen   -  www.billhopen.com
       Hopen Studio Inc -  227 Main St., Sutton WV 26601
          304 -765-5611                  billhopen@yahoo.com


From: "captnlen trikini2008@embarqmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Project

 
It had a 360 lb fixed keel that someone removed and left the holes.

The hull came in a CB version but builder won't supply details except the boat is 180 lbs light in centerboard.

Not planning to sail it  If needed will do a shallow but long skeg



On 8/4/2015 4:50 AM, artzboyz@yahoo.com [electricboats] wrote:
what kind of keel is it? depending on type, you may not want to eliminate it entirely. 

my venture 21 has 400 lbs of lead on the end of a swing keel. when i make my electric transition, i expect to pull that keel off and replace with a lighter version still giving directional control when folded and stability in rough weather when dropped or when using sails.

--   Capt.Len Susman Rtd  Trikini Trimarans


__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Bill and Ai Qiu hopen billhopen@yahoo.com [electricboats] | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)


Posted by: Bill and Ai Qiu hopen <billhopen@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment