Wednesday, August 19, 2015

[Electric Boats] Re: Throttle lever potentiometer, any suggestions?

 

You say inverter... does that mean you are using an inductance motor? Because if it is a BLDC motor, there is at least one controller that has a firmware upgrade available to do exactly what you want, with a single 5k pot. My Kelly controllers both have this upgrade. Twist the knob a little bit one way, it goes forward.  Twist it more, it goes faster. Twist it the other way, reverse. Twist it more, faster reverse. Right in the center is stop. I love it! And I didn't have to fuss with multiple hall sensors, or microprocessor, or anything like that. If the pot goes bad, I just plug in a new one. I am going to mount mine on the tiller, eventually.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment