Friday, August 28, 2015

Re: [Electric Boats] 1000W Scooter motor plus Gamefisher outboard leg?

 

Can you give the contact info. Sounds similar to what I want to do but was looking a 48 V Golf Cart motors.


On 8/22/2015 10:23 AM, yotatruck91@yahoo.com [electricboats] wrote:

I've been dabbling cheap Chinese scooters motors lately planning for a battery powered ride-on toy build for my daughter and I found that a 1000W 36V motor can be had for about $100 shipped.  A controller and Hall effect hand throttle is another $60 or so.  With a rated speed of 3000 RPM directly coupled to the Gamefisher leg I'll get 1500 RPM at the prop (7 x 6.25" prop).  A prop calculator gives me a theoretical speed of 5.8 knots-hull speed for my canoe should be 5.5, so I'm hoping this will be the sweet spot.  


Three 35Ah SLA wheelchair batteries would give me about an hour and a half of runtime-the motor draws 36A @ 36V @ 3000 RPM under load.  I figure 30 minutes of runtime across the lake, 30 minutes of puttering around, and 30 minutes to get back.  Upgrading to the next size, 55Ah batteries would give me nearly 2.5 hours runtime, but the cost and weight go up dramatically.  The 55s are 16lbs heavier and nearly $70 more per battery.  Just looking for a real world math check as I'm pretty excited about this option.


--   Capt.Len Susman Rtd  Trikini Trimarans

__._,_.___

Posted by: captnlen <trikini2008@embarqmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment