Friday, August 28, 2015

[Electric Boats] Re: 1000W Scooter motor plus Gamefisher outboard leg?

 

I use flooded lead acid batts in my sailboat, but weight is not really an issue for me. In a canoe, weight vs range might be more important. So consider a couple of 20ah 36v Lithium ion e-bike battery packs. They are very light and you can run them down much further than lead acid batts, without seriously shorttening the lifespan. Lead batts shouldn't be discharged to below 50%, and 60% would be better. Also think about going 48v. Doesn't cost much more. More efficient because higher voltage allows the same work to be done with lower current, reducing line losses for a given cable size. But yes, your proposed system will work. It could work better, though, done differently.

Yes the lithium packs cost more but for what you want, its not that much. I just bought a 48v 20ah pack for $490, shipped. I use it on my e-bike and I seriously considered getting 10 more as money allows, for a second bank for my boat. Even just a couple of them would be a nice little reserve bank. Some guys buy loose cells and build their own banks. Even salvaged cells from lapop batteries. Just sayin. Not doin.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment