Sunday, November 3, 2013

[Electric Boats] Motors for Zero Turn Lawnmower?

 

Hi Guys,

    Sorry for this being off topic, but I’ve been following the list for a long time now and figured someone would know the answer to this.  I blew up the engine on my 15 year old riding mower, but all the other parts are good.  I was going to buy one of those zero turn mowers, but they are really expensive.  My new idea is to salvage the wheels, deck, etc. from the old one and make a homemade zero turn mower using separate electric motors to drive the rear wheels and a somewhat smaller gas engine to drive the blades.  I looked at some scooter motors for the wheels, it looks like the biggest ones are about 1 KW.  I’m not sure this will be enough power.  I figure the mower with me on it will weigh about 600 lbs, no hills or anything like that on my property.  Does anyone know of other off the shelf motors in the 2 KW range that would work that aren’t that expensive? Also, I guess I would need two controllers for this setup as each wheel has to be separately controllable for steering, or are there controllers with two channels?

Thanks,

Jerry Barth

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment