Wednesday, October 2, 2013

RE: [Electric Boats] using dual DC motors with one controller

 

Hi Mark,

I got twin motors coupled together and at this time I’m running 2 controllers butt…..

The controllers I’m using are from Advanced Motor Controllers,(AMC) which don’t make the particular ones I have any more. But my understanding is the new ones will be able to handle my configuration with just one.

 

AVB125A200 servo amplifiers are designed to drive brushless DC motors are the new one. 40 to 175V DC 125A peak and 50A Continues.

So to answer the question, yes it can be done but finding the right controller is the question.

 

Steve in Solomons MD


From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark F
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:07 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] using dual DC motors with one controller

 




Hi
I am wondering if it is possible to run 2 identical DC motors from the same controller.

Part of me says it should be OK, but I also think they may fight each other and waste power.

The concept would be 2 90 volt DC motors attached end to end and then to the drive of my boat.

 

Any info appreciated

 

Mark

 


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment