Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] using dual DC motors with one controller

 

I could be wrong, but I don't think you would want to connect them serially (if that is what you mean by end-to-end). You would need a voltage of 180 to do that effectively. You should not have a problem connecting them in parallel.

If you mean a mechanical end-to-end (or same shaft) connection, then that should be ok - still with parallel wiring. I personally would prefer a side by side mounting with a belt and reduction drive to the screw shaft (in a triangle arrangement), but your needs (and space) could vary.


On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Mark F <mark.internet@yahoo.ca> wrote:
 

Hi
I am wondering if it is possible to run 2 identical DC motors from the same controller.
Part of me says it should be OK, but I also think they may fight each other and waste power.
The concept would be 2 90 volt DC motors attached end to end and then to the drive of my boat.

Any info appreciated

Mark




--

Dominic Amann
M 416-270-4587

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment