Sunday, September 8, 2013

RE: Re: [Electric Boats] RE: Re: PAKTRAKR question

 

Dominic, 

That sounds great. Thanks for the help. 

I have a couple of files that I downloaded from PakTrakr.  I'll put them in a folder.

Richard 



--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I am making a bunch of assumptions about the paktrakr since I don't have one, but I am very familiar with nmea data, and various usb/serial connectors.

I assume there is some online reference to tje paktrakr I can dig into.

I'll take look. If it can be done, it will be cheap (< $50) all told.

On 2013-09-08 7:21 PM, <rwsandersii@...> wrote:
 

I think the instructions have show how the data is sent.  Let me dig and I'll let you know. 

How would this device connect to a NMEA compatible data cable? 

Sorry but this is already above my head. 

Richard in MO  



--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

If you could send a sample of the file/data stream the Paktrakr produces, I could write a simple script that converts the output to NMEA. Then I could create a Pi bootable image that does the conversion. So for the price of a Raspberry Pi and a couple of connectors you would have your device.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment