Saturday, July 27, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Crosswiring batteries - or who charges who?

 

Thank you for the reply!
I do not yet have the system set up, in fact I am just in the process of figuring out how to make it all work. And the way I described it seemed reasonable but at the same time like too many chargers involved.
But the system works properly the way you have it set up?
And as for the generator: You run it and just plug your shore power cable into the generator? So basically the effect is the same as if you were alongside and plugged in? Or did I misunderstand something there...
Thank you already!

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, R&M Mair <fullkeel2000@...> wrote:
>
> I have a simular set up but I did add a 12 volt charger that I use when running the gen which plugs into the normal shorw power plug.
> Richard
>
> rwsailor <marinelli.manuel@...> wrote:
>
> >Hello everyone, I was curious about how you people out there are wiring your chargers, Batteries and house batteries against each other?
> >
> >So here is my thinking:
> >I have the 48 Volt Battery bank for my Electric drive and a 12V Battery for house loads. The 12V are charged off a 48 Volt to 12Volt converter.
> >The n there is a solar Panel producing 12 Volt via a MPPT Controller, which is linked to a 12V to 48 Volt converter to charge the 48Volt Bank.
> >Also there is a Bettery charger for the 48 Volt in case shore power is hooked up. I don't think an extra 12 Volt charger makes sense (or am I wrong there?)
> >
> >And then of course there could be a Generator as well as backup: Do you just hook that up to shore power and charge that way or hook it up seperately somewhere else?
> >
> >I'm grateful for any advice people can give me on how to wire it all together!
> >Thank you all already!
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment