Saturday, July 27, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Crosswiring batteries - or who charges who?

 

You got it right and it all works well.
Richaard

rwsailor <marinelli.manuel@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thank you for the reply!
>I do not yet have the system set up, in fact I am just in the process of figuring out how to make it all work. And the way I described it seemed reasonable but at the same time like too many chargers involved.
>But the system works properly the way you have it set up?
>And as for the generator: You run it and just plug your shore power cable into the generator? So basically the effect is the same as if you were alongside and plugged in? Or did I misunderstand something there...
>Thank you already!
>
>
>--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, R&M Mair <fullkeel2000@...> wrote:
>>
>> I have a simular set up but I did add a 12 volt charger that I use when running the gen which plugs into the normal shorw power plug.
>> Richard
>>
>> rwsailor <marinelli.manuel@...> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello everyone, I was curious about how you people out there are wiring your chargers, Batteries and house batteries against each other?
>> >
>> >So here is my thinking:
>> >I have the 48 Volt Battery bank for my Electric drive and a 12V Battery for house loads. The 12V are charged off a 48 Volt to 12Volt converter.
>> >The n there is a solar Panel producing 12 Volt via a MPPT Controller, which is linked to a 12V to 48 Volt converter to charge the 48Volt Bank.
>> >Also there is a Bettery charger for the 48 Volt in case shore power is hooked up. I don't think an extra 12 Volt charger makes sense (or am I wrong there?)
>> >
>> >And then of course there could be a Generator as well as backup: Do you just hook that up to shore power and charge that way or hook it up seperately somewhere else?
>> >
>> >I'm grateful for any advice people can give me on how to wire it all together!
>> >Thank you all already!
>> >
>>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment