Tuesday, July 9, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: Costs of running a small electric boat

 

We are talking about recreational boating, cost isn't the deciding factor, being on the water is. Your available cash just determines size and speed of the boat!

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Geier <matthew@...> wrote:
>
> 'Downunder' it's firmly winter, and my e-boat is 'stored' for the winter
> (I've removed the motor and controller to keep them dry indoors).
>
> I really don't use my boat a whole lot, it spends most of it's time
> sitting on a trailer. (As per most normal trailable boats :-)
>
> I did 9 outings over last summer.
>
> Total electricity assuage including 'maintence' charges - 70.80 Kw/Hrs.
> I'm on a 'time of use' tariff, but assuming all charging happened in
> 'shoulder' (it didn't, much was 'off peak'), the electricity cost me $8.43.
>
> Other figure - 27.5% of my Kw/Hrs went into 'maintence' charging of my
> FLA batteries to keep em happy.
>
> Diesel fuel bill for the 4wd ute (I guess the US would call the Hilux a
> 4x4 truck), that I tow the boat with exceeded the season total
> electricity cost in one outing!
>
> I suspect (I didn't record it) the fuel I bought to put in my Honda 2000
> (which I never used 'in anger) cost more than the electricity did.
>
> I haven't included the depreciation cost of my Trojan batteries though.
>
> <http://www.sleeper.apana.org.au/boat/> describes the boat.
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment