Monday, July 15, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: Do AGM (VRLA) batteries require battery boxes?

 



Joe,

Per ABYC, if the batteries are mounted in a battery box, the boxes must be vented at the upper end. This applies to any battery, conventional lead acid, sealed lead acid, or VRLA. Also technicaly speaking there must be a vent system or other means to permit dischage of hydrogen gas- presumably in the event of a charging system or battery malfunction in the case of AGMs.

I am also in Panama City and use a Torqueedo Cruise 2 on my boat. I would be interested in having a look at your Cruise 4 installation when complete.

Chris

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Steve Dolan <sdolan@...> wrote:
>
> To the best of my knowledge the answer is no. You must secure the batteries.
>
> Steve in Solomons
> >
> > I'm researching batteries to use on my 'new' Gemini powercat. I want to use two Torqeedo Cruise 4 outboard motors. Do Coast Guard or ABYC stardards require battery boxes for VRLA batteries?
> >
> >  
> > Joe Murray
> > Different Drummer #364
> > Panama City, FL
> >
>
> Did you complete your Gemini project? I too have a Gemini and have thought of going this route.
> Bob
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment