Tuesday, February 5, 2013

[Electric Boats] Re: Torqeedo Electric Outboard on a Catalina 30

 

In reply to John, thanks for the info on your Catalina 30 and the Torqeedo 4.0. This is all very positive which tells me my future plan might just work.
The plan is to mount two Torqeedo 4.0's onto a Gemini 34 catamaran. I would be removing the center drive 27 HP motor and it;s associated weight. Using two electric motors would mean doubling up on the batteries. I need to keep the weight down and would have to use the more expensive lithium batteries. This will hopefully keep my all up weight at about 9500 pounds.
My guess is your boats all up weight is about 11500 pounds. If you are able to maintain 3 mph using 1000 watts, I might be able to maintain 5 or 6 mph using 1000-1500 watts per side.

Graham


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment