Friday, June 1, 2012

[Electric Boats] Gas to electric conversion which maintains outward appearance of the outboard

 

This is my first posting to this group and am also new to gas to electric conversion so please bear with me if this subject has already been discussed within the group. I ran across a video at the following url which shows conversion of an older 30 hp evinrude outboard to electric drive but maintains the outside look of the motor. I have an older 55 hp. Evinrude with a bad power pack which I would like to convert in the same manner. I contacted Smoothwake but they don't have an instructional video or manual for the conversion. Does anyone know a source for plans for this type of conversion - that is one that maintains the outward appearance of the original motor?

http://www.smoothwake.ca/2011/03/04/electric-outboard-part-i-conversion/

Thanks,
Bryan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment