Thursday, June 14, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Backups

 

I run my EU2000i with my Lestronic 36v/20a charger while underway and controlling motor with my Alltrax... Only issue you might have is that if the motor doesn't use enough of the charger's power, the pack voltage will rise, eventually reaching the CV limit of the charger, after which the power draw from the gender will start to drop.  You might expect to keep getting your full charger output, but find out later that it has dropped.  As the current drops, you may find a cyclical throbbing effect happen between generator economy mode, charger CV current ramp down and the nonlinear power vs speed of the drivetrain.  I've experienced this...I tend to make sure i'm always keeping the charger maxed out and in its CI mode.

From my HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network

----- Reply message -----
From: "danbollinger" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
To: <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Backups
Date: Thu, Jun 14, 2012 8:22 am


> I have a 48v ray outboard with a lestronic charger, does anyone know if I can just plug my honda 3000i into the lestronic and run the 48v electric motor without damaging anything.

I think the real question is if you can run the motor while the batteries are being charged, not what the charger's power source is.

> Please discuss only issue I requested.

LOL! Says the man who, instead of starting a unique thread, posted in another.  ;)


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment