Saturday, June 23, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: silence is deafining on 72 vot setup for 6 t cat

 


 If you buy an AC generator for a serial hybrid setup the price  depending on size:  http://www.generatorsales.com/marine-generators.asp  And you will also need to buy a continuos duty charger to convert to 72 volts DC. 

To answer you question on what size you would need,  I would need to know what speed you want to travel at and for how long,  how big is the battery bank you plan to use, if any.   


On Jun 23, 2012, at 5:09 AM, Tony wrote:

 

Sorry about the caps and I was hoping someone had done a similar setup with a GEM car motor and controller and could advice me how to set up the hybrid system
Where can I buy a cheap genset and what size
What are Chinese gensets like
What speed would the prop rpm be
Has anyone done the same setup of diesel sd and hybrid fore more speed and or maneuvering
Can I use a different prop to give me a first and second gear efficientcy to maximise propulsion

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Tony,
>
> Two things. Please stop shouting (TYPING IN ALL CAPS). IT's just not polite online etiquette.
>
> Secondly, like Kirk, I didn't see a question in this or your other recent post.
>
> "Just considering installing an electric motor into one of my hulls where my hydraulic drive used to be. I have a 72 volt frazer nash motor and controller and a shaft in my bilge crying out for an electric motor Since i already have a 37 hp nanni diesl sd ,i would like to buy a 240 v diesel genset to power the 72 v transformer and use the motor to power in marinas or to give me more top end speed
> hoping to pick up a second hand genset cheap as the commercial boats ,fishing.are being sold cheap. Maybe an ac cheaper commercial motor would do as i only need one direction and basic speed control
> I can wait another 7 years till the prices come down but a basic system would be nice to start with. My cat is 37 ft long and 6 ton"
>
> You might get a better response if you let us know what you want from us.
>
> Fair winds,
> Eric
> Marina del Rey, CA
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <kirkmcloren@> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Tony" <tonysuncat@> wrote:
> > >
> > > STARTED READING ABOUT 7 YEARS ABOUT SOLOMON TECH FROM CHARLES CHOIDI MULTIHULL MAG UNBIASED REPORTER LOL.
> > > i INVESTED IN A CAR SIMILAR TI A GEM ELECTRIC CAR AND THEN HAVE WAITED FOR SOME TECHNOLOGY TO CATCH UP'
> > > DID NOT GET ONE PIECE OF ADVICE ON MY LAST POST AND STARTING TO REGRETT THE TIME I HEARD ABOUT THIS SUBJECT
> > >
> >
> > The way your post was worded I thought you were sharing an intent not looking for comments. What is your question? Seriously, enquiring minds want to know.
> >
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment