Friday, June 15, 2012

[Electric Boats] 72 volt dc frazer nash motor and controller into catamaran with 37 hp diesel sd

 

Just considering installing an electric motor into one of my hulls where my hydraulic drive used to be.
I have a 72 volt frazer nash motor and controller and a shaft in my bilge crying out for an electric motor
Since i already have a 37 hp nanni diesl sd ,i would like to buy a 240 v diesel genset to power the 72 v transformer and use the motor to power in marinas or to give me more top end speed
hoping to pick up a second hand genset cheap as the commercial boats ,fishing.are being sold cheap.
Maybe an ac cheaper commercial motor would do as i only need one direction and basic speed control
I can wait another 7 years till the prices come down but a basic system would be nice to start with
My cat is 37 ft long and 6 ton

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment