Saturday, June 30, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Pulsing Action

 

It could be reduced or even eliminated by "tightening" your rudder/tuller assembly with shims or bushings. Also consider a four-blade prop which is generally smoother and better balanced. My 2c.

George Johnson

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM, Kevin Pemberton <pembertonkevin@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Are you talking about prop wash?  I bet you are. It is caused by the swirl the prop causes, is no cure that I know of.

Kevin Pemberton

On 06/28/2012 03:54 PM, Matthew Geier wrote:

 

My launch gets a small 'shudder' in the rudder at certain speeds too.
The boat has probably always done this, but with the vibration of the
old engine, you would have never noticed.
On my boat the rudder/tiller assembly is quite 'loose'. I imagine at
certain prop speeds a resonance gets set up in the rudder/tiller system.
The prop is a 3 blader and it's behind a full keel.





--
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, though a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

George Johnson
GeoMar Logistics
Jomtien, Chonburi
Thailand

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment