Monday, March 26, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Introducing the 'Arc'himedes

 

We will continue to post on the Archemedes.blogspot.com blog and I will try and post some more photos to this forum in the future.  But basically the motor is mounted alongside the diesel drivetrain and connected  with a #40 chain with a 6" sprocket in the drivetrain and a 2.5" sprocket on the motor. This give me a little over a 2:1 reduction and there is another 2:1 reduction in the V-Drive on the existing drivetrain for a total of over a 4:1 gear reduction from the motor to the prop. I may tinker with this a little  by changing sprockets depending on the amp reading I get after I buy a new DC Amprobe this week.
 
The real fun will start in few weeks when I get back to the boat and finish intalling the solar panels and get the  linear actuators on that will raise and lower the port and starboard solar arrays to track the sun.

From: Howard & Ann <haschutt@yahoo.ca>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 5:57 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Introducing the 'Arc'himedes
Hi
 
I TRULY enjoyed the information on your "ELECTRIC POWER"
 
It was very well done !!!!!
 
However I sure would like to see some pictures and infomation on HOW you now power this vessel.
 
I am in the midst of TRYING to put " electric " power on my " little lilly pad "
 
I look forward to more HELP
 
Howard

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment