Wednesday, March 28, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: Regen (again)

 

Eric,

I do know that you have said that no one is making more than a 100watts with regen, and I believe you. I also know that people are making a lot more than 100watts with screw impellers in streams. What I don't know is why it matters whether the water flows or the water stands still and the impeller moves. I suspect blade stall has something to do with it. An autoprop would reduce or eliminate blade stall.

I don't think an autoprop will increase performance at the optimal cruise speed. After all, it will be at one pitch at that point and shouldn't perform any better than a properly pitched fixed prop. I do think it should widen the envelope of performance so that you get better performance over a wider range of speeds. I think it will couple the drive line to the water more efficiently in varying situations.

Mostly I think it might provide interesting data.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment