Wednesday, March 28, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric Sternwheeler

 

I built a small 2-person sternwheeler powered with an electric boat winch that has proven to be a lot of fun - now I want to build a 4 to 6 person version so I can take more friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdSJ8LXqPp8

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Mickey Sadler <mickeysadler@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the info. I have been thinking of building the "Showboat" (
> http://www.polysail.com/Showboat.htm ) and instead of human power or
> small gas engine, using solar electric. Still researching the best way
> to go about it. Next step is building a working model - which may be
> the only one I build - to wring out the details.
>
> I love sternwheelers and at my age (73) about all I need is one this
> size. It could be trailerable and it would be great puttering around on
> the Scioto or Olentangy rivers. (I live between the two.)
>
> Mickey
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment