Friday, March 30, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric Sternwheeler

Nice concept sternwheeler. Thanks for the link. Helps keep me motivated
while I try and get time and money to meet at the same time to start
building.

Meanwhile I keep studying to try and learn more and keep up with the
latest in battery technology, motors, controllers, etc. etc. etc.

Mickey

> Re: Electric Sternwheeler
> Posted by: "William Sayre" paddlewheelboat@gmail.com  
> billsayre@ymail.com
>
> Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 pm (PDT)
>
>
> I built a small 2-person sternwheeler powered with an electric boat
> winch that has proven to be a lot of fun - now I want to build a 4 to
> 6 person version so I can take more friends!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdSJ8LXqPp8
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Mickey Sadler
> <mickeysadler@...> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the info. I have been thinking of building the
> "Showboat" (
> > http://www.polysail.com/Showboat.htm ) and instead of human power or
> > small gas engine, using solar electric. Still researching the best
> way
> > to go about it. Next step is building a working model - which may be
> > the only one I build - to wring out the details.
> >
> > I love sternwheelers and at my age (73) about all I need is one this
> > size. It could be trailerable and it would be great puttering
> around on
> > the Scioto or Olentangy rivers. (I live between the two.)
> >
> > Mickey
> >

_________________
Mickey E. Sadler
Dublin, Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment