Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Battery issue?

 

Mark:
 
Good points. Next warm day I'll check the battery charger cables again. I did clean the cables to the suspect battery but, did not swap them. Though since the Dual Pro charges each individual battery in the string it might be the Dual Pro that is the problem. Think I'll try a different external charger on the suspect battery too.
 
Mike
 

From: acsarfkram <acsarfkram@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:15 AM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Battery issue?

 
Hi Mike,

You might check for a bad lug/wire connection. I had a battery that like yours would not charge fully. It turned out being a soldered lug joint that failed. I felt the battery cables while charging and the bad battery's cable near the lug was much warmer than the others. Since I replaced the cable it has been fine.

Have you checked the power from the charger at the battery. Maybe it's the charger? You could switch battery order to make sure it is the battery.

Hope this helps. Mark
ps I won't mention the 6 hour sail (5 hours motoring) I had in my tee shirt on Saturday ;-)



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment