Saturday, February 18, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Hallo

 

Hallo Popeye;

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. My thought is the only way to go
is electric with solar panels. And to have backup, such as original gasoline or
diesel engine. Sails for a sailboat. And batteries for the electric motor.
I also think it is good to have a generator on board to recharge batteries;
or to power the electric motor.  Though this might be quite a lot and a bit of
weight and space. For me those are more important than a microwave oven,
or a refrigerator or a stove.
I am kind of a minimalist when it comes to comfort, and maximalist with safety.

These are my thouths. I do not have a boat right now.

Gabe


On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM, Guillaume D Marais <gdmarais@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Hallo,

Myforum name is associated with my boat name "Popeye's Tanjera" which
is a 46' Catamaran so i use Popeye!

I have been researshing electric propulsion for quite a while now and
came to one conclusion. There is no other way of generating elctricity
other than with fosil fuel. i.e Hybrid electrical propulsion.

I am no electrical engineer i am only a sailor that seek a afordable
and long terms peace of mind sailing with enough domestic power to
live a life i am used to and enough propulsion power to use when
needed. So i am bound to say things the wrong way, please forgive me.

I can olnly share what conclusions i came to and what principle i will be using.

Regards,

Popeye




--
exp30002@gmail.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment