Thursday, February 2, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: golf cart Motors for sailboat power transmission wear & rpm measurement

 

Electric motor rule of thumb:

   Torque is approximately proportional to Current
   RPM is approximately proportional to Voltage
   You could use a voltmeter across your motor terminals as an approximate indication of rpm.

Note:  I dream of electrifying my MacGregor 26x Sailboat, but have not done so yet.
So, no practical experience to say how much deviation from true rpm you get with a simple voltmeter.

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Jorgenson" <falcolnxp@...> wrote:

> Capt. bob
> colombia 30
> SHOCK WAVE
> 10,500 displacement
>
> WOW WOWWOW Propeller turned for first time this PM
> real thrill = it works
> How do I check the rpm?
> could I use an aftemarket cruise contol to check my rpm?
>
> strobe or timing light on drive shaft?
>
> all suggestions welcome
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment