Tuesday, February 7, 2012

[Electric Boats] Battery issue?

 

So I went down to the boatyard to check on things over the winter as I do a couple of times over the winter.  I fired up the Dual Pro four charger to check on the battery balance of my 48 volt 8A4D AGM battery bank (Solar had been keeping things topped up nicely the rest of the time). This time I noticed the the most negative battery in the string was not charging up like the other three with the Dual Pro. It's voltage was not rising above 12.9 volts. Dual Pro Led's said battery was at 30% charge. 
 
So today I went back and cleaned the battery connections (pretty clean) in case it was a connection problem. Fired up the Dual Pro and once again the battery could not rise above 30% battery capacity after two hours on the charger. Other batteries in the string charged up fine.
 
I'm thinking I might have to replace this battery. Anyone have an idea of what happened to this battery? It was always a little lower than the others because the Paktrakr took it's voltage from it's terminals but, it always charged up fine. I had just recently added the Paktrakr data cable but, I don't think that could have caused the battery to go bad as there is not that much load from the Paktraker and I had my solar panels keeping things topped up.  Looking for suggestions and ideas on what going on with it or what happened?
 
Capt. Mike
 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment