Sunday, August 14, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Xantrex monitors

 

I love Blue Seas products for their lifetime warranty.  A $300 12 volt battery meter which also shows amp draw died and a few days later they happily sent me another one .    True story .. Hard to believe these days but true. 

I use this meter toggled  from my starting battery to the house battery  and  it shows me how the batteries are doing.   I also have a Blue Seas 110 volt meter which shows the voltage,  amp draw and khz which fluctuates  60 to 61 and that is great for monitoring what is going esp.  when using the generator showing me exactly how much power Im using and I know how much there is left over 
    I also have a Xantrex 2500 w inverter which has started to blow the 150 amp main fuse from the batteries . Xantrex says about 500 should overhaul it  . But since its about 10 yrs . old im reluctant .   Sure would like to find a good used one. 

On 2011-08-13, at 9:25 AM, Eric wrote:

 

It seems like Xantrex bought their way into the monitor segment when they acquired Heart Interface, the makers of the original Link 10. Once that was discontinued, I believe that their monitor products became other companies' offerings, re-badged for Xantrex. Xantrex's current offffering of the Link-lite and the Link-Pro are actually the E-Xpert Lite and E-Xpert-Pro made by TBS-Electronics in the Netherlands.

So as a result, I don't think that Xantrex has much in the way of service capabilities on thee products past merely replacing them as a whole unit. That is one of the resonas that I picked the E-Xpert Pro ofver the Xantrex, I felt that I would get better support in the long run, in case I needed it.

Fair winds,
Eric,
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Mike <biankablog@...> wrote:
>
> Danny:
>  
> Well that sucks. Reminds me of my XBM battery monitor display that crapped out a month after the warranty ran out:
> http://biankablog.blogspot.com/2009/12/going-electric-repairing-zantrex-xbm.html
> But, at least I was able to repair it myself once I got the part and did not have to buy a new meter. Would Torqeedo do a repair? In my case Xantrex would not service my meter or even sell me the part I had to obtain it elsewhere. 
>  
> Capt. Mike
> http://biankablog.blogspot.com
>
>


__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE
A better credit score can save you thousands. See yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment