Sunday, August 7, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Test sail

 

Hey Pitt,

Down to Mexico????  In my opinion electric is not the way to go when doing the Baja bash. The windows for travel against those square waves are small and the trip is not a good sail unless you go via Hawaii. From Hawaii across to SF.  Talk to the guys at latitude 38 or better yet spend some time at the police docks in San Diego harbor.

Kevin Pemberton

On 08/06/2011 12:02 PM, Pitt Bolinate wrote:

 
Just a few days. I will get the 316SS get it cut with a water jet, then get it bent and install myself. I am going to replace the 4 external chainplates this time round and maybe do the internal six next year. I have kind of missed my window for a Canada trip this year, damn it. I think now I am resigned to a summer of bay sailing then down to Mexico? But as I learned again this week, plans change at a moments notice.

Pitt Bolinate

e.v KharmaSeas

--  AspireOne Netbook running Ubuntu 11.04 Safe, Secure, Easy to use, Free Open Source Linux OS. Leaving Virus worries to the Windows Users!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment