Sunday, August 7, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: recycled parts for inboard boat motor

 



--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "mfalkner53" <mfalkner53@...> wrote:
>
> I was wondering if anyone has built a wooden fishing boat and used some kind of old 24 volt or 36 volt motor for power. I'm thinking about giving it a whirl and was hoping someone else has tried it so I wouldn't have so many pitfalls or false starts. I want it to be inboard if possible. Thanks Mike
>
I have an inboard electric minitugboat. I just switched from a 4 hp to a 10 hp. The almost new 4 hp motor is available.

It can use 24v or 36v (I used 36v). It works fine but isn't very fast. I have tried four different pulleys to balance speed against range. My conclusion is to run at about 60 amps which gives quite a few hours of use on my 16' flat bottom boat.

Let me know if you are interested in my 4ph motor.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment