Thursday, August 11, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric boating on the web

 

I love the idea of electric power, but I have a big concerne when speed and rooster tail fun, goes too far. Electric power only, on more and more water playgrounds is a result of speed being converted to DANGER and damaging wave action, more so than just pollution and noise (just my opinion).
When things are controlled like electric bikes, weight and power limits will become the death of expiermenting for duration of using the boat for more than a short outing.(again just my opinion).
I am well into the lifestyle of "grumpy old men" and am in a happy time.
I would love to see someone build small units like the Go-Floats, where several could be lashed together and after an enjoyable trip out to "The Spot" each could unhook and move away from each other for room to throw those lines. (just a thought).

Ron

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, jteichenberg@... wrote:
>
> Full disclosure: I did recently start working for Go-Float. Joined this group for research & networking - not to sell boats. So I apologize to Denny and anyone else that found the post to be 'disingenuous'.
>
> @Denny: thanks for the input/criticism we love hearing ideas for improving the product & the environment. Also, go-fast.com is a website I neither plugged or am aware of.
>
> Others have been helpful in the assembly of the list I referenced in the original post and for that I thank you.
>
> Jake
> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dennis Wolfe <dwolfe@...>
> Sender: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:43:49
> To: <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
> Reply-To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric boating on the web
>
> A. Why the disingenuous reference to go-fast.com from their manager of
> market development?
>
> B. At least use a PWM controller on the $2000 boat. You are saving
> $100 and giving your customers a significantly worse product.
>
> C. A plastic canoe with a trolling motor would perform better and costs
> less than half as much.
>
> Denny Wolfe
>
>
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> > <mailto:electricboats%40yahoogroups.com>, "eichenberger_j"
> > <jteichenberg@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey everyone. I am new to the group but I am very interested in the
> > emerging market for electric boats. I am trying to put together a
> > running list of blogs/websites that focus on this trend. I have a few
> > sites that I have begun to build this list with and I am hoping some
> > of you have some favorites as well.
> > >
> > > Does anybody have any suggestions? I recently saw a few boats at a
> > radio broadcast on Lake Minnetonka that were made by Go-Float, LLC.
> > After some research it seems like these guys have a interesting take
> > on using electric power for small boats. A very cool-looking boat and
> > a very attractive price point as they start under $2000. I can see
> > these things really taking off in the rental/resort market as a much
> > 'sexier' pedal boat, if that makes sense. Also could be a life-saver
> > for people who own lake shore where gas motors are prohibited. Check
> > out their website at www.go-float.com and let me know what you think
> > of their new idea.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Jake
> > >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment