Thursday, August 11, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric boating on the web

 

Hi Jake,

Since you wrote this in your original post "I recently saw a few boats at a radio broadcast on Lake Minnetonka that were made by Go-Float, LLC. After some research it seems like these guys have a interesting take on using electric power for small boats...", it sounds like an intentional mis-direction.

At least you apologized once you were called out....

Since this is largely a group of electric boat hobbyists, we prefer that vendors identify themselves as such (you might want to include something in your signature) so that the rest of us can evaluate your comments accordingly.

There are a number of vendors in the group that are welcome contributors, but they work hard at limiting their input to objective descriptions of their product and clearly identified opinions. No promotional hype. As you can see, members here will attempt to verify the accuracy of any claims made by vendors or regular members.

BTW, if there were any mistakes in my other post in the performance data that I extrapolated from the data on your site, please let me know. Feedback with real life data helps me refine my future performance estimates for other members.

Welcome to the group.
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, jteichenberg@... wrote:
>
> Full disclosure: I did recently start working for Go-Float. Joined this group for research & networking - not to sell boats. So I apologize to Denny and anyone else that found the post to be 'disingenuous'.
>
> @Denny: thanks for the input/criticism we love hearing ideas for improving the product & the environment. Also, go-fast.com is a website I neither plugged or am aware of.
>
> Others have been helpful in the assembly of the list I referenced in the original post and for that I thank you.
>
> Jake
> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment