Wednesday, August 10, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric boating on the web

 

Hi Denny,

I should have figured that the reference was from their own marketing guy trolling for business. And I agree completely with your other points.

I vetted what information they supply on the web, I hope that other memebers get a better idea of what they're selling after reading my post.

I'm glad that we've got some people here that can see through the regular BS. It's companies like this one that set unrealistic expectations and in my opinion, do the electric boat industry more harm then good.

Fair winds,
Eric

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Wolfe <dwolfe@...> wrote:
>
> A. Why the disingenuous reference to go-fast.com from their manager of
> market development?
>
> B. At least use a PWM controller on the $2000 boat. You are saving
> $100 and giving your customers a significantly worse product.
>
> C. A plastic canoe with a trolling motor would perform better and costs
> less than half as much.
>
> Denny Wolfe
>
>
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> > <mailto:electricboats%40yahoogroups.com>, "eichenberger_j"
> > <jteichenberg@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey everyone. I am new to the group but I am very interested in the
> > emerging market for electric boats. I am trying to put together a
> > running list of blogs/websites that focus on this trend. I have a few
> > sites that I have begun to build this list with and I am hoping some
> > of you have some favorites as well.
> > >
> > > Does anybody have any suggestions? I recently saw a few boats at a
> > radio broadcast on Lake Minnetonka that were made by Go-Float, LLC.
> > After some research it seems like these guys have a interesting take
> > on using electric power for small boats. A very cool-looking boat and
> > a very attractive price point as they start under $2000. I can see
> > these things really taking off in the rental/resort market as a much
> > 'sexier' pedal boat, if that makes sense. Also could be a life-saver
> > for people who own lake shore where gas motors are prohibited. Check
> > out their website at www.go-float.com and let me know what you think
> > of their new idea.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Jake
> > >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment