Wednesday, August 3, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Battery options

 

Lol, I hear ya. Time to go rummage through the old junk box...

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Ben Okopnik <ben@...> wrote:
>
> Hi, Jim -
>
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 06:56:40PM -0000, luv2bsailin wrote:
> > Hi Ben,
> > I agree with you about surplus military/aerospace equipment.
> > Your comment "...it'll keep working till doomsday..." is especially
> > appropriate as much of is was part of our cold war nuclear arms race
> > and was designed with exactly that in mind!
>
> [grin] I often sneak stuff like that in, mostly for my own amusement -
> as well as that of anyone else who happens to get it. You got it. :)
>
> > Being in the aviation field I've worked with a lot of that kind of
> > stuff over the years and often marvel at the engineering that went
> > into it. Seems a shame NOT to use it after all the money and effort
> > expended!
>
> Agreed! I actually find it quite annoying that the design and the
> quality of electrical equipment has become horribly shoddy over time...
> but never mind, I could rant about that for hours. I think I'll go look
> at a beautiful, *massive*, roller-bearing battery switch that came off a
> US Navy ship and calm down. :)
>
>
> --
> Ben Okopnik
> -=-=-=-=-=-
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment