Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Re: [electricboats] Throttle control head

Yes, the detent in the Curtis throttle is a bit light to me and there isn't a detent in my lever control on the pedestal.  Of course you have a wee little knob like on a transistor radio to control the motor but I think a 6 ton boat should have an appropriately large and solid feeling control lever.  I have the lever but need some more heft on the feel.  And the lockout at OFF would be helpful especially with a feathering prop that could be damaged by too fast a shift from FWD to REV.  Of course the controller can be programmed to soften that with the acceleration curves but Sevcon doesn't make that easy to do without proprietary interface hardware and software.  But that's a different issue. 


Dan Pfeiffer


On 2024-03-06 8:46 am, Eric via groups.io wrote:

Thanks Dan, just seeing the Curtis in detail clears that up for me.  So it sounds like, other than needing a more solid detent for neutral, the action on it is pretty smooth then?  I'll probably need to buy a new set of dual lever/dual fuction throttle controls since the port side of my current one is pretty hinky.  Hopefully I can see a few in person and find one with a really solid neutral detent.  Appreciate the info!

No comments:

Post a Comment