Saturday, January 2, 2021

Re: [electricboats] SevCon gen4 got fried...how best to provision a new one

Hi, Brad


An electrical engineer, who do not want to learn to program his own new boat motor controller :-) :-)

After a few days in a vacuum of no (good) news, you really made me laugh ! Thank you !

Anyway, sorry to hear of your salty toasted Sevcon.
Where did you set it up in your boat ?
Was the boat completely submerged or just partly ?
Did you ever record the setup parameters for your sevcon, when it was operating well ? (might be useful to use for your next controller).
Maybe we can all learn from your experience !

And I'm sure that your reason for this posting is, that you want to skip your "learning curve" of the new con.
But, novices can do it, and you'll even end up learning something new !
When you know how to control your controller, YOU have the power to change the parameters to fine tune your own boat propulsion.

We are still pioneers in this field - the weird DIY electroboat owners.


Happy new year to all !


On Saturday, 2 January 2021, 23:52:46 GMT+8, brad@kepler51.com <brad@kepler51.com> wrote:


My sevcon gen4 got inundated with salt water and it is not working anymore. It sounds like a salt shaker when 
I shake it ;). I want to get a new one but was thinking about getting a millipak instead as my use case is not 
complicated and the output for the millipak is well within range of what I need and it would save some bucks.
My question is if I get a millipak it will need to be programmed
for my ME0913 motor (From thunderstruck). I see you can rent a programmer from electricmotorsport but i have never 
programmed this component (I'm an electrical engineer but I'm not sure If I would be getting in too deep with this
project). Any advice? 

Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment