Saturday, January 2, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Paralleling LiFePO4 battery packs


I don't think you need to get another "master" bms according to my limited experience. With our salvaged BYD packs that came with internal bms they each do their own thing on each pack. But you probably should balance the packs together when you first hook them up. I may be way off the mark so do your own research. Please educate me. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, January 2, 2021, 11:51 AM, mmiri@sfu.ca wrote:

Hello dear friends,

I have a 20kW electric motor for my 40ft sailboat and now I want to get the Lithium batteries (LiFePO4). The battery packs that I found are 48V200Ah each so I would be putting 2-3 of them in parallel (since the MAX discharge current is about 150A each). Note that Each pack has its own BMS. Now my question is that if I want yo parallel these individual modules (with each having their own BMS) do I need a master BMS for the whole pack (2-3 parallel modules)? If yes, how should I implement it? What do you recommend?
Thank you all in advance!

- Mohammad

No comments:

Post a Comment