Thursday, January 7, 2021

Re: [electricboats] New prop 10KW motor

Need more info...

What is your displacement? 
LWL? 
Do you have a target max speed in mind? 
What is your electric motor RPM going to be? 
What do you plan for reduction gear? 
What is the distance from the prop shaft to the hull where the prop mounts?  
Will you be going with a 2 blade as before or a three blade? 

 

On 2021-01-07 9:52 pm, Michael Blackstock wrote:

Hello all,

I'm installing the 10KW Thunderstruck in my Catalina 30 and need to replace my damaged 2 blade prop. 
Any recommendations on the proper diameter prop to maximize my new electric motor?
TS has told me to take 75% of the prop diameter to determine the pitch, but still working on the optimal diameter.
Thx!
Michael Blackstock
Portland, Or
Catalina 30 10KW TS motor

No comments:

Post a Comment