Sunday, January 17, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Fuse Setup for 10KW Thunderstruck motor on 28FT Herreshoff

Bank size is really more related to what use case you envision.  I day sail a 27ft Catalina on the Chesapeake with perhaps 20 minutes of power usage then sail with another 20 minutes coming home.  I've run some tests that show about 1.5hours at about 35amps using 40% of the bank. The 100ah bank of agm batteries weigh about 270 pounds and adding another 270 pounds on a boat that size creates balance issues.  I'd love to switch battery chemistry but the cost to just too high.  Number of recharge cycles and depth of discharge certainly favors lithium batteries but for me it don't need it.  My bank is 2 years old and when it's time to replace I hope to change but I'll do the cost benefit analysis again then.

John

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021, 9:10 PM Ryan Sweet <ryan@ryansweet.org> wrote:
If you have not installed your system yet, I strongly encourage to consider going with a larger battery bank if you can. 100ah will not last very long with the 10kw motor. 

On Jan 17, 2021, at 17:33, Carsten via groups.io <Carstensemail=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


The correct formula is W / V.

Many electric boaters refer to Amp use, but it is best to provide the Watt use, as the voltage of a system may not always be 48V.

Carsten


On Monday, 18 January 2021, 07:56:35 GMT+8, rholden@orcon.net.nz <rholden@orcon.net.nz> wrote:


I have a Thunderstuck that I intend to install on my 28ft yacht. New to all this and trying to get this done and installed safely.

Basic question but on this setup with the 48Volt 10KW - I assume I have to install some fuses between the battery pack ( 4 X 12VOLT 100AMP Deep Cycle) and motor and possibly other places in the system to protect equipment and humans.
What is the Amperage of the fuses needed?? Is the calc V / W = AMP??
Where would you install any fuses in this kind of system?
Thanks all.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31140) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment