Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Re: [electricboats] Paralleling LiFePO4 battery packs

Hello again everyone,

Thank you ALL for your time and very helpful guidance!
Also thanks for suggesting to check back with the suppliers.
I checked back with the Chinese battery suppliers and they both (I have contacted 2 suppliers) said that I do NOT need a master BMS and I can just connect the positives together and negatives together and it is good to go.
( again, each module is a 48V200Ah stand alone battery pack with each having their own dedicated BMS).
  • One supplier says: "Our battery modules supports parallel connection, up to 10units in parallel."
  • and the other says: "No master BMS is needed. Each battery has it's own built-in BMS"
But I am not sure if they know what my concern is (similar to the points brought up by MT and Martin). I sometimes doubt the validity of their responses since they are the marketing guys and might not check back with their technicians about technical questions? But maybe I'm wrong. I have already asked them how their batteries are capable of paralleling in more detail, and I hope I would get an answer.

Lastly, just to get it right on Martins reply, so are you promoting your product, or is it that its still not ready but you are informing me of the potential problems? Either way thankyou for the information, I was thinking of building the Master BMS myself, but since I don't have access to the slave BMSs inside each battery (built by other manufacturers) I would install the relays inside the master BMS and have all the battery nodes (pos and neg) to the Master BMS each through a dedicate relay. But it is still raw and I would rather buy one at this point rather than building one and worrying about making it waterproof and so on....

Please let me know of other comments and thoughts, this group is very helpful !! 

Thank you all,
- Mohammad
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#31092) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment