Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Re: [electricboats] Trolling Motor Propellers

For an 18 ft boat I would get 80 lbs of thrust or and make sore you have the amp hours you need

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020, 8:58 PM Mich Pop <michpop@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

We have a 16 foot princess.
A 60 lbs trolling motor was fine for inland waterways but a bit scary on the ocean off rocks with currents and wind.
We upgraded to 120 lbs trolling and that extra bit of thrust makes all the difference. Now we feel comfortable we can push out of bad spots.
So 90 lbs for an 18 footer may not be quite enough for the ocean

Cheers

Mich

On Wed., 21 Oct. 2020, 07:46 wdr99 via groups.io, <wdr99=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Glenn,

I hope this note finds you well.  I have a Redwing 18 also and am interested in repowering with electric.  I'm interested in your experiences as I expect I'm going to approach this incrementally.  


I've been happy with the trolling motors I've used as kickers for small sailboats and so I expect to start there withe the Redwing.  I'd love an Elco or a Torqeedo but I'm concerned with the expense and either lack of reviews or mixed reviews as the case may be for such an expense.

Did you have experience with a single 80lb motor?  Also, did you have experiences with wind and waves?  


Thanks for any info you can provide.  


Bill in Duluth

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#30810) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [newarmyguitar24@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

No comments:

Post a Comment