Monday, August 24, 2020

Re: [electricboats] How to reset a fault with the sevcon GEN 4 controller?

Sorry, my bad.  I think that was the charge controller I was thinking about.  And it was the charge controller that gave me a blinking light.  I don't recall the second having a light.


On Aug 24, 2020, at 3:50 AM, Larry Brown via groups.io <elcapitanbrown=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Do you have the usb to serial cable to connect to the console with a laptop?  There is a ton of information available on that console and it may be displaying the issue. 


On Aug 24, 2020, at 2:39 AM, Ryan Sweet <ryan@ryansweet.org> wrote:


Thank you.  
It's AGM, they were all balanced and evenly charged on the bench before being moved to the boat. 

I haven't tried with the charger again since disconnecting it (trying to return back to the state it was in when it worked).  At power-up it starts the six blink fault indication on the green LED. 

On Aug 23, 2020, at 23:05, Carsten via groups.io <Carstensemail=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


Hi Ryan,
Are you using LiFePO4 then the voltage of all the batteries MUST be inside 0.1 Volt (eg. 12.84-12.94) before you attemt to connect them into a bank.
Did you check ?

Is the sevcon fine when you connect the charger, without operating the motor ?


On Monday, 24 August 2020, 08:57:32 GMT+8, Ryan Sweet <ryan@ryansweet.org> wrote:


So I had everything working, and at a certain point I plugged in the charger for the batteries and attempted to spin the motor at the same time. At this point the sevcon resorted to a fault with the LED flash in six times.  From the manual the six flashes seem to indicate over or under voltage on input or output or throttle greater than 20% at start up.  I checked all of the cables again.

I tried disconnecting the power and reconnecting with the foot stays. The voltage meter is showing 53.6 V.

I have disconnected the charger, Put everything back how it was. The fault is still indicating. Any idea how to reset it?

No comments:

Post a Comment