Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Re: [electricboats] How do I power my little launch?

You sir, are a master craftsman.  That looks gorgeous.  Personally I think you have chosen exactly the right motor.  Batteries are the tough choice.  Many, many posts in the archives discussing the pros and cons of Lithium, Gel, Lead, Nickel, and I even vaguely recall a thread on hyrogen fuel cells and some odd tech involving sugar.  Again personally I think you should find a nice light lithium pack to fit in your transom somewhere.  A recent post mentioned this site which was new to me:

https://battlebornbatteries.com/

Seem a bit pricy, but its all-in-one with an included BMS, which seems right for you...

Cheers,

Jeff LaCoursiere
s/v Angels Quest
St Thomas, USVI

On 8/25/20 7:48 AM, Dean is retired wrote:
Hi Everybody- I'm new to this site and to electric boating, but no stranger to building things. My current project is a 14' launch, patterned after an early Rushton 32' steam launch, scaled down. I was thinking that the Thunderstruck 5KV sailboat conversion package might be nice....complete kit....plug and play, for someone who is not well versed in electric power. Is this serious overkill for my little boat? Where do I start? What other options should I be exploring? 

--

Jeff LaCoursiere
STRATUSTALK, INC. / CTO

Phone: +1 703.496.4990 x108
Mobile: +1 815.546.6599
Email: jeff@stratustalk.com
Website: https://www.stratustalk.com
Address: One Freedom Square
13th Floor
Reston, VA 20190
     


No comments:

Post a Comment