Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Re: [Electric Boats] My 1975 30 ft Irwin Sloop Competition

 

The Motenergy 12kw ME1306 is good. It is an updated version of the ME0913 which I have used. A very robust motor that tolerates up to 96v but chugs along cheerfully at 48v too. There are a lot of vendors that handle this motor. Just pick one. Eenie Meanie Miney Moe. Or price compare. I got my 0913 used on Fleabay. You COULD use a 5kw motor such as the ME0907 or ME0201014201 motor but that's really a bit small for any displacement sailboat hull over about 26 foot. Baldor makes some nice little cast iron enclosed reduction gearboxes and I think I got mine from https://www.electricmotorsport.com/. A belt drive is more flexible, though, as you can change the reduction ratio by changing pulleys. Grainger or McMaster-Carr for pulleys, hubs, bearings, shafts, keys, etc. There are some prefab belt drive units but they look kinda flimsy to me and maybe a bit overpriced compared to DIY. For controllers I find the sine wave units from Kelly to be quite satisfactory. You can change the configuration yourself, with no special equipment, just a rooted android device or a WinDOHs computer. Unforunately they don't think Linux is a thing, and so there is no configuration app for Linux. I use 2/0 welding cable because it is flexible and easy to work with. Don't go lighter than that, is my suggestion, especially with low (48v) voltage.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment