Friday, July 28, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Hybrid w/Honda 2000

 

My Honda 1000 (900W rated output) runs my chargers with 900W input and 750W into the batteries (as of course all chargers have losses) which is enough for 3.5 knots in calm conditions. I can adjust my propulsion chargers, of which I have two, up to the total of 1100W or less. One charger is 600W, the other 500W. The 600 has a rotary dial to alter output so I don't exceed generator output when using both chargers.

The Honda 2000 is 1600W output. However as I have hybrid power assist using my house bank inverter/charger I can combine my 800W inverter (700W continuous) and my Honda 1000 to give 1600W, so for short term use I don't need the Honda 2000, which uses the same 50cc engine and just revs higher (more noise) and costs half as much again as the 1000 model.

I explain how I use all this here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2016/08/29/multiplus-magic-small-generator-big-power/

John R

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment