Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] motor to prop shaft connection

 

I am not familiar with "AMP motor" product but I do need advice on a similar project of how to go about coupling a 20HP motor to a propeller shaft. My goal is to construct a hybrid electric drive for a 50HP Diesel so I need some kind of a mechanical arrangement which allows pulley coupling the motor to the prop shaft and also allows fore an aft movement of the prop shaft. The mechanical arrangement also needs to handle the ahead and astern thrust loads when the pulley coupled electric motor is driving the propeller shaft while the Diesel gearbox is in Neutral.
Trying to avoid re-inventing the wheel since this sort of thing is already invented, I am sure of it.
So how does it work?
Thank you in advance.
Ahmet



From: "danlrandolph@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:11 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] motor to prop shaft connection

 
I apologize for this post, I thought I had this information on my computer, but I don't. 

I bought a used AMP motor (old users will remember these) but the boat owner was not willing to hand over the 3? parts used to connect the motor unit shaft to the prop shaft.  There is a plate that attaches to the motor shaft a buffering (plastic?) component, then the matching plate that attaches to the prop shaft.  I now need these.
 
What are they called?
Who sells them?

Thanks,

Dan
Bayfield 29
AMP 5KW motor
all in process!





__._,_.___

Posted by: sv8827 <sv8827@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment