Monday, July 3, 2017

RE: [Electric Boats] Battery specific energy and power in relation to volume and density

 

Hi Myles,

You make some good points. Personally the cycle life of the Northstars surprises me, but if  it is the case that is excellent.

Personally with lead tech I often leave my 4 stage charger on all the time so once in float it goes into storage mode and raises the voltage once a week and then goes back to storage.

A shame re your marina supply. Our standard is 230V and 16A and the larger pontoons have 32A. Personally my chargers amount to around 0.20C for my LFPs and house AGMs but I can vary from slow to that rate.

I take your point about EVs and pure lead but obviously weight there or the lack of it is more important as is volume. LFPs to me are the only sensible option for EVs and indeed that can be said the same for boats as I find my lithiums much easier to care for than lead, as you suggest not to mention the other benefits. And a cost benefit analysis does suggest even with higher intial capital cost that subject to certain factors the cost per cycle can be around the same as lead.

John R

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (25)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment