Friday, June 3, 2016

[Electric Boats] Running with a portable generator and grounding.

 

Hello all,


I am just beginning my third season with my electric conversion and will be trying to venture out a little farther and a a little longer.  Up to now, my boat has been used as a club racer / day sailor, always returning to the slip at the end of the day to plug in to shore power.


I have a portable 2000W/1600W continuous invertor gas generator.

How are you all dealing with grounding?

Are your generator AC ground and 48V ground and 12V ground all tied together?

Where?

Can they be isolated?


I really don't want to fry anything or any one, nor do I want my prop to dissolve...


I am sailing in fresh water.


/Jason

__._,_.___

Posted by: jt.yahoo@jtaylor.ca
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment