Saturday, June 4, 2016

[Electric Boats] Re: Running with a portable generator and grounding.

 

On my launch I keep my 12V system isolated from my 48V bank. I use an isolated DC-DC converter and separate negative buses.


From ABYC TE-30 2009-2010:


GROUNDING


The boat's propulsion electrical system (e.g. batteries, generators, inverters) should remain isolated from the boat's grounding system.


Non-current-carrying conductive parts of the propulsion system (e.g. motor case) should be tied into the boat's grounding system per ABYC E-11, AC & DC Electrical Systems on Boats.


I realize that TE-30 applies to systems operating at more than 50VDC, but wouldn't the same logic apply?


Besides, there is so little voltage sag on my lithium bank that in six years of operation I have never run below 50V.  :)


-Tom


__._,_.___

Posted by: boat_works@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment