Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Re: [Electric Boats] Results on paper including new under way dc voltage draw and amp draw

 

Not sure if I'm missing something here but the obvious - perhaps only to me? - answer is that you will be pulling approximately 220+ amps from the six golf cart batteries.

Given that you have a 50 amp charger I'm not sure how it could keep up.

It seems to me that the inefficiency of the system (less that 60%) is what is killing you.

eric, purely a ragman and only a ME, SV Meander

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Orest Iwaszko <orestyko@...> wrote:
>
>
> I ran the motor for about 2 hours yesterday at the 2 HP level aprox 12.? amps , its about 63% power level on the controller and it ran beautifully cool and nice about 2.5 -2.6 mph . until the little pulley disintegrated ( crappy pulley) So Im looking for a variable pulley to play with the gear ratio and ease up the load to the controller. Its the power wires from the main switch and in the middle of the controller that heat up. I soldered those and they are much better.
>
>
> Since I switched the generator to 220 to run this electric motor I miss the 110 to the boat.
> Pondering running electric motor from a 220 inverter (6 golf cart batteries )and resetting the generator back to a 110 ( 50 amp charger on board) . Wondering if I will be able to keep up with the power requirements ??
>
>
> If so then eventually a wind generator / solar panels might help provide the power with generator charging as required ?? .... The dream ..
> One step at a time . Its so awesome to run electrically.
> regards Or
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment